Thursday, July 9, 2009

Big

More often than not I relate my life to movies... maybe I should cut back.

Sometimes when I'm in large cities at night I think of the movie Big (you know, the Tom Hanks movie). That first night after he's left home and he gets this run down cheap room in a motel on the wrong side of town, and he can't sleep because of the gunshots and angry yelling. He lies on the bed freaking out about everything that's just happened to him and he's just a kid afraid of the future. Now just for clarification I haven't been falling asleep to any sounds of violence; just for some reason I can relate to that feeling of being only one point in a sea of people. In many ways I'm used to it and if anything I've learned to thrive on new opportunities. I've lived all over the world now (fine only three places), and I can't help but feel humbled by all of the things I've been blessed with. I've grown a lot in the last year and everyday I am here I think about how lucky I am. I'm excited to keep going.

(on a completely unrelated note: avocados at the farmer's market in chinatown are only 3 for 2.50 aka DIRT CHEAP)

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment